entry & admission
WHERE IS COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL LOCATED?
- COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL HAS 2 VENUES: COWBOYS TENT AND COWBOYS DANCE HALL. COWBOYS DANCE HALL IS LOCATED INSIDE THE COWBOYS CASINO (421 12 AVENUE SE CALGARY, AB T2G 1A5). THE COWBOYS TENT IS DIRECTLY OUTSIDE THE COWBOYS CASINO TO THE SOUTH SIDE. IT’S MASSIVE AND WHITE, VERY HARD TO MISS.
DO I NEED TO PAY ADMISSION TO THE STAMPEDE GROUNDS TO ACCESS COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL TENT?
- NO WAY! WE ARE IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA BUT ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE CALGARY STAMPEDE ADMISSION GATES. ON THAT NOTE, COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL TICKETS WILL NOT GET YOUR ACCESS TO THE STAMPEDE GROUNDS.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY/ACCESS RULES FOR COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL?
- Just a few easy THINGS to follow here! A) Must be 18 years of age 2) Produce a valid ID (see the below to find out what valid id means) AND C) abide by our general festival rules below!
DO YOU ALLOW RE-ENTRY?
- SORRY PARTNER, NO RE-ENTRY ALLOWED AT THE FESTIVAL! BUT DON’T WORRY WE’VE GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED INSIDE INCLUDING AWESOME FOOD TRUCKS, COLD BEER AND THE BEST MUSIC EVER!
HOW DO I GET ON THE GUEST LIST?
- UNFORTUNATELY, WE DO NOT OFFER A GUEST LIST FOR COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE IN EFFECT?
- NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE (JUST LIKE MCDONALDS).
CAN I BRING A BAG? IS THERE A BAG CHECK?
- SMALL PURSES AND CLEAR BAGS ARE ALLOWED. CHECK OUT THE OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE/AREN’T ALLOWED Below. OTHER BAGS CAN BE CHECKED INSIDE THE COWBOYS CASINO.
IS THERE COAT CHECK?
- NOT AT THE COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL, SORRY PARTNER. TIE YOUR JEAN JACKET AROUND YOUR WAIST LIKE IT’S 1995!
WHAT KIND OF ID DO I NEED TO GET INTO THE COWBOYS MUSIC FESTIVAL?
- We don’t make the rules on this one but we do have to follow them! ID Requirements are as below! We abide strictly by AGLC, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission regulations! You’ll need a Primary piece of government issued ID* and with an approved secondary identification.**
*Acceptable forms of PRIMARY ID INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Valid drivers license / Alberta operators license / Armed Forces Identification card / Out-of-province Photo Driver’s License / Certificate of Indian status / Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency card
Valid primary identification must have:
- have a photo/ have a name / have a signature/be government issued / include date of birth / not be expired / have a unique identifier number / be an original (not a copy).
**Secondary identification includes:
- Birth Certificate / NEXUS Card / Baptismal Certificate / Foreign Government Visa / firearms License
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN’T BRING TO THE FESTIVAL?
- BRING YOUR BOOTS N BEST DANCE MOVES BUT PARK YOUR HORSE AT HOME!
- BELOW ARE A FEW ADDITIONAL ALLOWED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS AT THE FESTIVAL.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PATRONS AND ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED WHEN ENTERING THE FESTIVAL. ANY AND ALL CONFISCATED ITEMS OR ANY ITEMS VOLUNTARILY SURRENDERED, WILL NOT BE HELD, CHECKED OR RETURNED.
These Are a Go! WANT ADD SOME PICS?
- Clear Bags
- Clutch or purse
- Medical Marijuana with medical certificate
- Medication with proof of prescription and ownership
NO NEED FOR THESE AT THE FESTIVAL
- Back Packs, Hydration packs and containers with liquids
- Cooler or cooler bags
- Alcohol or food purchased outside Cowboys Music Festival
- Professional cameras and camera bags
- Weapons of any kind
- Co2 charged sprays for self-defence and paint
- Narcotics or Controlled substances
- Laser pointers
- Selfie Sticks (Just don’t be that guy)
- Any item deemed to be unsafe by venue management
- Selling of merchandise or unauthorized/unlicensed vending
- Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, stickers, sampling, give-a-ways, etc.
Are Service Animals Allowed?
- Only legitimate service animals with certification will be allowed within the festival footprint. This does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away.
All service animals must:
- remain at the handlers side
- be housebroken and use the service animal relief area
- not be a threat or danger or cause harm to any members of public
- have the legal and current vaccinations. The handler may be asked for proof